Tuesday 30 September 2008

Eid Day!

30 September 2008

It's Eid day today. I was hoping that the weather would be as bright as my Eid mood. But unfortunately, the morning started to be as grim as last year's. Autumn in Cambridge...so full of cold weather, rains and wind. Not a very good way to celebrate Eid.

Nevertheless, I walked in my blue baju kurung and my new boots to my department. Still in a very good Eid spirit. Walking along the road, through St John's College and Trinity Street up to Downing Site. Everyone I met in my department greeted me with smiles and some with Eid wishes. Hemm...they're aware of the Eid day.....


Called Mdm Zett and Ms ZZ before 10 am and planned to have tea together at my department. At least, we are together to celebrate this special day. But sadly, we didn't have rendang and lemang and all other food that we normally have for Eid. Just some biscuits and a cup of tea/coffee for everyone...

Having instant biscuit and tea/coffee for Eid in Genetics tea room

Mdm Zett and Ms ZZ

Mdm Zett and me

And we were still happy


We took a few pictures near Genetics new entrance. Then, we salam2 Raya and bermaaf-maafan and exchanged Eid wishes. It is sad to be away from home and families but at least we have each other. Girls...thank you for making my life so joyful here in Cambridge and during Eid...




My labmates commented that I looked good in my baju kurung. We even took a photo together!

Nick, me and Chris

I booked a table for two at 6 pm at a new restaurant near Regent Street, Cambridge - Asia. My boss and I were supposed to go together with my other labmate, Claudio but he went back to Germany. This restaurant was opened six weeks ago and offers halal Asian food. Yummy! Couldn't wait to try.. And my boss was paying for that! Haha! As my parents were far in Malaysia (huk!huk! so sad!), my boss played the role as my parent for this Eid. Thank you boss...

Interesting menu booklet

The restaurant is not very far from my department, about five minutes walk. The waiter/waitress were friendly and greeted us with smiles. The decor is nice and interesting and made you feel comfortable to dine in.

We started our dinner with these :

Tom Yam prawn soup

John really enjoyed the tomyam but I didn't as it was a bit hot...


But I enjoyed my chicken satay but the peanut sauce was not as tasty as what I used to have in Malaysia. Maybe they should learn from Hj Samuri or my mum!

We didn't order much as both John and I were not really big eaters. We had Penang beef, grilled lamb and brocolli with mushroom for vege as our main dish.

Grilled lamb-very tender and tasty

Salad-came together with the lamb

Penang beef-more like beef curry in very thick sauce


And brocolli with a bit mushroom cooked in oyster sauce- the vege so lightly cooked that it was still crunchy!

Overall, I would rate the food as good and the place was nice. I'll definitely come here again... and again if they maintain their standard!



Anyway, to all my friends and everyone, once again, Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir Batin!

No comments: