Wednesday 3 September 2008

Mdm Zett's Wedding Reception- Imperial Hotel KL 16 August 2008


Once again, Abg John and I were invited to Mdm Zett's and Mr. Hef's reception at Imperial Hotel KL. August 16, 2008 would never be forgotten as it marked one unforgetful history in both Abg John and my lives. But for the sake of the couple- Mdm Zett and Mr. Hef, we ignored our self control and embarassed ourselves in front of a lot of people!

The decoration of the reception hall was very impressive. The throne, chandelliers, flower pots, high table and everything else looked stunning!

Creamy and white throne-so wonderfully decorated. Simple, yet so lovely!



Lovelier when the King and Queen of the night were sitting on it!


Parade of the couple from their throne to the high table



Makan beradap at high table



Wedding cake-beautifully decorated




Lovely door gifts for guests


The food was lovely and tasty. Briyani rice and all other deliciously cooked stuff. Only that both Abg John and I could not really enjoyed it!



The reception menu. Everything sound tasty!


Prawn tomyam as our starter. Yummy but a bit hot for me.
Briyani rice with beef kelio, lamb kurma, red snapper sweet and sour, fried tiger prawn and mix vege. Very tasty!


Sago with manggo, top with thick coconut milk. Very2 yummy...


Abg John, Mr. Kim, Ja Cha Cha and I went to the hotel quite early but we got stuck in the KL traffic as Mr. Kim accidentally took the wrong turn. We arrived at the hotel around 8.15 pm. Luckily, we were not as late as we thought. Half of the guests turned up later than us.



Ja Cha Cha, Me, Abg John and Ms ZZ




Mr. Kim and Ja Cha Cha in their lovely dress



Ms Nisak turned up at the wedding too...


This night was not like any ordinary night. I had to confess. Both Abg John and I were really looking forward for this event but at the same time, we were a bit scared as we had an assignment that we had to carry out during the event. Suspense!! Yuuu......! All the butterflies in my stomach kept flying everywhere!!


All smiling but God knew what we felt inside!


They hired a professional band to do the singing to entertain guests through out the ceremony. This was where all my butterflies went hay'wire! You guys must be wondering by now what was the task given to Abg John and me. Here it was -We were asked to sing. Not one but two songs. Imagine that! It was not as we were not warned but the fact that we thought it would be some sort of karaoke style of singing, just for a few people, when most of the guests had left and meant just for fun. No..No...No. We were not even close! We were given instruction to be ready to go to the stage in the middle of our food. We had to sing in front of all the guests, 1000 of them including the honorary guests! Us, the scientists from Cambridge who had never done anything like this before in our lives. Good God! Bet you guys have no idea how weak my legs were. Felt like me dragging my feet all the way to the stage. I may looked all smiling but only God knew how nervous I was and my trembling legs! Abg John was supposed to play the acoustic guitar but unfortunately, the guitar didn't worked well. We ended up singing with the keyboard bro accompanied us with some music in D keys.


The professional band hired to entertain the guests

Abg John and I-not even the amateur singers

We sang two numbers - Killing me softly (the Carpenter) and Love me tender (Elvis Prestley). The crowd seemed to like our singing. We received a big hands when finished. Mr. Kim and Ja Cha Cha commented that we sang well like a pro. Wow! Unbelievable. Even Ms ZZ dad gave us a very constructive comment-presentable. And both Ms ZZ and her dad might request the same thing from both Abg John and I for her wedding. Well Abg John, looks like we have to practise more songs in between our experiments. We are not off the hook yet. Huk! Huk!

Abg John and I singing in front of the whole crowd! The first time ever in our lives!!


Us smiling while singing. God knew how hard it was to control my voice from trembling!


Aizat AF6 did a few songs too but unfortunately, there appeared to be some sound problem and he couldn't do more. Too bad Aizat, I was really looking forward to be entertained by a true singer...not like us the amateur!


Aizat AF6-the new up and rising singer

All went well that night. The couple was very lovely, as ever. The decoration and everything else was something to dream of. So beautifully organised. Congrats both Mdm Zett and Mr. Hef. A work well done. Don't be shy to be my wedding planner. Haha! God knows when that will be....


Me, Mr. Hef, Mdm Zett and Abg John after the ceremony ended



More kisses and hugs between best friends. I am soooo happy for her!


2 comments:

Josh said...

Spekiu, spekiu, naper si Mr. Kim and Ja-cha-cha asyik amik gambar bersama je?

Ooo.... so sweet lah gambar Mr. Kim dan Ja-cha-cha ngan baju melayu tu...

jeng jeng.. spekiu, spekiu..

Unknown said...

hi kak lin,
i totally understand how u felt before u went on stage. i was a nervous wreck as well before my speech. i couldn't even enjoy the food that night. i only had the tomyam but couldn't down the rice at all. only after my speech was i able to eat the yummy, creamy dessert. hehe. anyway you did a great job with Mr. John. =) thank u!