Sunday 21 September 2008

Langkawi Trip Day 3

24 August 2008



Today was our last day in Langkawi. After our breakfast at Warung Tok Mat, we went to the nearest place to our hotel. It was raining heavily but that didn't stop us from exploring whatever left of the island.




Abg John was playing with rain....



1st : Snake Sanctuary






Since we live in Tok Senik's hotel, we were given a discount and only have to pay RM 6 each. The price is half the usual amount that people pay to see the snakes.





Abg John and a cobra!

Us, in a snake mouth! It was the entrance to the snake cages....


We started by visiting all the snakes in cages before rushing to the performing stage where snake show was performed by experienced snake charmers.




Charming the snakes....



Kissing the snakes acts. Really awesome!





Abg John and I with our 'trying to be brave with snake' acts. I was known to be terrified of snakes and Abg John was not really keen with any snakes especially phyton. But..we ended up having snake as our neck accessory (only for a few minutes with the present of a snake charmer!). Hehe!!



2nd : Tok Senik gamat shop


The shop caretaker urged us to dip our hands in the boiling gamat soup. A bit afraid of the consequence but curious to find out, we just did what she suggested. We were shocked to find that it was hot but didn't burn our hand at all. Unbelievable....



I felt like a witch doing some witchcraft thingy. A big wok and bubbling stuff...



Inside the gamat shop. All kind of gamat products were available here.....




I tricked Abg John into tasting the long jack drink. He didn't know how awful that stuff was. Just look at his face. He was trying very hard not to throw up! Hehe!!


We checked out from Kampung Tok Senik by 12 noon. A bit sad to leave this place as I really fell in love with it....


In front of the reception. The traditional design of the building amazed me and the rest...



One of the best place to stay for holiday. I'll definitely choose this hotel again if I ever come back here again...



3rd : Kota Mahsuri


Buying tickets near the entrance....



Mahsuri's grave. May she rest in peace.....



Ja Cha Cha and I in front of Teratak Sri Tama, where Panglima Hitam used to live....


Abg John was observing the equipments used to process paddy into rice.



And he couldn't resist the cold water from Mahsuri's well....


4th : Laman Padi


Abg John was very excited of the visit to Laman Padi. He had never seen a real rice plant! Hehe! Well...they only know rice come in a sack....


Abg John was very happy to really touch paddy in a paddy field...





I was born in a family that planted our own rice. This refreshed my memory of a fun childhood...having to help my parents planting paddy using 'kuku kambing' and play 'aci ligan' with leeches! What an experience. But that was a long time ago. Now, the paddy field was replaced by palm oil plantation. Hemm.....I do miss the old time....


5th : Underwater world Langkawi



In front of the under water world. We didn't have time to go in but Pn. A and I had been inside this place before. And I'd been inside Aquaria KLCC and Sentosa Island Underwater world . Langkawi's underwater world will never be in par with the other two....




6th : Lunch nasi campur





Upon Abg John request, we stopped at a nasi campur restaurant for lunch. This place was just the opposite of underwater world. Very strategic place to build a restaurant....


Abg John's and my choice of food for lunch. Simple but tasty...




Abg John was pretty good with his hand's skill now. After I forced him a few times, ofcourse!





We went to Kuah for a last minute shopping. I'd to buy another bag to carry my excess stuff. Hehe! Well...who can resist all this shopping temptation in Langkawi. Everything seems to be interesting and cheaper!




Leaving Langkawi...




It's always sad to leave a place especially when we enjoyed that place very much like I did with Langkawi. The island is indeed full of legend and intersting sites for people who enjoyed history and beautiful scenery...




Leaving the island behind...



I'll be back some day........

No comments: