Monday 29 September 2008

Pre Eid 1

25 September 2008


We are so happy that Eid is approaching soon. And to make us happier, we planned a photo session together among a few close friends in front of King's College. Yeahh...baju kurung time!


Mdm Zett, Miss J, Ms ZZ, Ms Intan, Mr. Izz and me met near King's College. Mdm Zett and Ms ZZ's labmate, Catherine came to help us taking the photos.

People kept stopping me in my department as they are interested to know about my baju kurung. But I didn't mind at all explaining and very pleased that they were interested in our traditional dress which seemed to them to be colorful. Yeah...our dresses are very colorful, compared to the color that people here used to. Which is sadly, grim....


I walked with Ms ZZ to King' s College. People kept staring at us as we walked from our departments (Genetics and Plant Sciences). Hemm...possibly because our baju kurung were very colorful and not something the normally see here in Cambridge. Well...we were and are very proud of our traditional dress and will always wear it whenever and wherever fits....


Here are some of our photos to be shared :

Me, in front of King's College

Ms Intan, me, Miss J and Ms ZZ in front of King's College

Mdm Zett, Miss J, Ms ZZ, Mr. Izz, Ms Intan and me in our baju kurung-except Mr. Izz of course!



It was a bit cold and windy a few days ago. Fortunately today, the day was very sunny and a bit warm. What a fine day for taking photos. May be it was a blessing....


Mdm Zett and me. She wore high heels which made me looked like a bit short! Huk! Huk!


We had a very great time doing all the photos in our colorful traditional dress. We are promoting Malaysia to the Cambridge community and guests. Well...sort of like being Malaysian duta la...

Well girls and guy. Shall we do it again next year? I'm really up to it!

No comments: