Tuesday 23 September 2008

Not our day....

29-30th August 2008



It was really not our day. We started very well the night we left KLIA and boarded MAS. Once we were on board, there was a slight delay in taking off. We were not worried at all at that time because we thought that we had about two hours gap between this flight and the next one, 10.50 pm BA flight in Changi.



When we arrived in Changi airport, we were not allowed to get off the plane as there was some sort of missunderstanding between the airport schedule and our flight. Huh! We had to wait for quite some time till the airport crews came with all the necessary tools to get us off....



Waiting patiently for permission to get off the plane


Airport crews were waiting for instruction to prepare our boarding off...


Then, both Abg John and I, and some of the passengers rushed to Terminal 1 for our transfer flight. We were informed by BA that we missed the time scheduled to check in. I started to have this terrible headache and felt very hungry and thirsty from all this rushing. Gosh! We knew that we were going to miss the flight. We asked the counter and were informed to go to the nearest MAS counter and asked them to be responsible. We went from one terminal transfer counter to another until an airport officer came to our aid and help to make the process easier.....



Changi terminal




Taking skytrain to move from one terminal to another....




I was lucky that Abg John was so efficient that he managed everything, from dealing with the MAS representative, getting me some food, water and paracetamol to taking me and all our belongings to BA lounge to eat and rest while waiting for our standby flight to be confirmed.

BA lounge in all its glory....


Comfy sofa for someone like me with a terrible headache to lie down...


Thank God they had food that I could eat-tuna pizza, sweets, apple, hot chocolate....


Luckily, MAS managed to get us two confirmed standby, 12.40 am 30th Augt 2008, Qantas flight to Heathrow. It was a bit strange to fly in BA and it was stranger to be flying Qantas. There was only me... a single Muslim girl in both flights! Luckily there was a chinese Malaysia steward on board who asked kindly for my breakfast preferences as he knew the omelette served came with bacon underneath. I was given some cereal instead.....



In QANTAS. Felt like flying in BA only worse. You could hear all the noises coming from the old plane. They were really pushing this poor plane into limits. And all the stewards and stewardes were a bit uninteresting (old!)...unlike our MAS!


But above all that happened to me this two days, I was very grateful that I arrived in Cambridge safely and Abg John was kind and thoughtful enough to get a limo and took me to my college and help me carried all my luggage up to my room. Thank you very much for your kind help. I'm very lucky indeed.....



And I was really worn out from this trip!! Eeeekkk...

No comments: