Wednesday 1 October 2008

Second day of Eid

1 October 2008

I went to Asia restaurant again. This time I brought my friends along. There were seven of us. The restaurant workers recognised me from yesterday. Hehe! Apparently, I gave them quite an impression. Hehe!


We walked together happily from our department to Regent Street

Us, in front of Asia

I didn't take any photo on the restaurant decor yesterday. For this entry I managed to do that. Here are some pictures of the restaurant layout.


Waiter always in standby mood for new comers...

Romantic tables for couples

And a dragon near our huge table!

Food is sent down from the kitchen using this small elevator system. Cool!

We ordered different meal each. Mdm Zett, Ms. ZZ, Mr. T, Miss J and Mdm SA had tom yam prawn soup as starter. They love the tom yam, which had just the right taste and hotness.


Tomyam Prawn soup

A thumb's up from Mdm SA. She really like the food!

I saw some guests ordering Pad Mee last night and thought that might taste yummy. So, I tried this noodle today. Pad Mee with grilled duck and bean sprout.

Pad Mee


Most of my friends ordered a dish and a bowl of rice each. Mdm Zett - Chicken in tamarind sauce. The portion was quite large and suitable for two persons. Ms ZZ had chicken tikka , Mr. T ordered Tandoori lamb chops and Miss J chose chicken Lababdar. They offer rice of different types-Pilau rice, boiled rice, Jasmine rice and steamed coconut rice...

Chicken in tamarind source. Huge portion!

Chicken tikka

Tandoori lamb chops


Chicken Lababdar


Mdm SA and Ms Chih chose different dish each and had theirs with plain naan. They had Bhoona lamb and Jalfrezi chicken which turned out to be very tasty!

Jalfrezi chicken

Bhoona lamb

Plain naan


I believe most of the main dish are suitable for a pair. You will only manage to finish all the food IF you have big appetite and stomach!

We finished our meal around 2 pm but had to deal with the payment as we decided to pay separately. When it was my turned to pay, I asked (like normal Asian, without being shy at all!) whether the price written on the bill was after the 25% discount that I should get. Apparently, the waiter forgot about that. We were supposed to pay a total of GBP 95. After the discount, I got GBP23 back! Wow! That was a lot of discount. Then, I could give everyone at least GBP 3 back. Hehe!

We really enjoyed the food. The waiters were very friendly, patient and helpful. They even made a joke to make the environment more friendly. Well...I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

Mr. T, Miss J, Mdm Zett, me, Ms ZZ, Mdm SA and Ms Chih

Miss J, Mdm Zett and me

Ms ZZ and Mr. T

And Mdm SA and Ms Chih

No comments: