Tuesday 14 October 2008

Formal Dinner New Hall

14 October 2008
Mr. T and I had been invited by Ms Fatin to join a formal dinner in New Hall (or known as Murray Edward College now!). Mr. T and I had never been inside New Hall before. Mr. T was very excited of the idea especially because he would be inside an all girls college. Hehe! Menggaru le jugak dia ni...

Ms Fatin and Mr T looking at the menu...





We met Ms Fatimah, a Part III student in Math. Wow! We salute her as Math is the toughest course in Cambridge, and doing Part III? Is like doing a MPhil..... All the best Ms Fatimah in your less than a year course!
Me, Ms Fatin, Ms Aisha and Ms Fatimah waiting for Formal Dinner to start...

My formal and not so nice dress...

I met Aisha as well... a PhD student of Dr. Ajioka in Pathology. Abg John was the external examiner for her first year viva. What a small world. We became very friendly to each other instantly!!!!

Ms Aisha and me

The dining hall is very impressive with a dome above and quite spacious.


Impressive dome above our heads!


And what I loved most was the food. The kitchen caters all kind of needs; from Halal, vegetarian, vegan up to person with allergy to nuts and so. I wish my college can be like New Hall but I don't think that will happen as there are only few me (Muslim) living in.....


The menu and our formal hall tickets...

We all had goat cheese as the starter. I didn't really like goat cheese as it was very salty and push the cheese away as much as possible from the rest...

Baked goats cheese and red pesto brioche with pine nut salad

Main dish....


Mr. T had Guinea fowl in sauce for his main dish.

Guinea fowl supreme with red onion and Madeira sauce; spiced fondant potatoes and seasonal vegetables


Ms Fatimah and I had Halal chicken instead which tasted quite good.

Halal chicken supreme with non alcohol sauce; spiced fondant potatoes and seasonal vegetables


Ms Fatin selected vegetarian meal :

Layered polenta baked with spinach and oyster mushrooms

Our dessert :

Caramelised fig tart with thyme creme fraiche

Me and Mr. T all happy as we added one more college to our list of attended formal hall...

We rested at New Hall MCR just to have some hot drink (coffee/tea) as these drinks were not served in the dining hall. Instead of having those drinks, we chatted all along and forgot about time....Ms Fatin introducing her MCR.....so spacious and modern!

Ms Fatimah, Ms Fatin, me and Mr. T sitting in MCR..

No comments: