Wednesday 8 October 2008

Minister's Tour Guide!

7 October 2008

Hard to believe that I still have to do this here in Cambridge. When I was working with Unisel, I'd gained a lot of interesting experiences such as meeting and participating with events that involved VVIPs. From a person with Dato' title, former Chief Minister of Selangor which I met more than twice a year, the new Selangor Chief Minister, up to our current PM and also Sultan of Selangor. Hemm....they seemed not to be that foreign to me, I guess. But I can never beat Miss J who met our Royal Highness Yang Dipertuan Agung in a very special event. Hehe!

But here in Cambridge? On Tuesday morning, I was called by my advisor who happens to be a senior fellow of St Cath College. A minister and his family came by to discuss with him about the education opportunities for Malaysian as this college holds the TAR scholarship programme for Malaysian. My advisor felt that it'd be good if someone from Malaysia could show him and his family around. And that someone happened to be me!

I should thank Unisel for all the skill and experience that I'd gained there that give me the confidence to communicate and handle people with high position such as this minister. I'd an opportunity to show these VVIPs around Cambridge City Center. He is on a trip here in UK until October, 10th. The Director for Malaysian Student Department and another officer from MSD were there as well. I'd never met these two gentlemen but was glad to know them. The minister and his family were quite alright and friendly. So were the MSD officers. Surprisingly, I didn't feel scared or nervous. So, Unisel, thank you for making me have this capability. Or...is it Cambridge that makes me like this??

2 comments:

MISS J @Lagapas said...

It's not unisel or cambridge. I do believe that it's entirely you, picking up the good essence from wherever you go. The name of cambridge helps to boost your confidence somehow ;) Well done puan! Duta cambridge la camnih! hehe anyway, anak die hensem tak? Muahaha

p/s: Meeting the Royal Highness was once in a lifetime experience. I should address myself as Patik, tapi tersasul as ayang pulak. Tulah dia sponsor kot? haha *oh, tulah aku*

azlin said...

Hi Miss J. You must have tersasul panggil ayang tu. Tu yg terus jadi gundik Agung. Haha! But that was pretty impressive..

Probably, you are right. But both Unisel and Cambridge did play some role in making me the way I am now. Have to give both some credit. But Duta? Hemm...do I have the right cut for that? Hehe!