Saturday 18 October 2008

Second Eid Gathering

18 October 2008

After exchanging emails throughout the week, we decided to have another Eid gathering among close friends (which involved mostly singletons) plus few new faces to be intoduced.

The event started at 12 noon at Mdm Zett's place in Cory House, Northampton Street, Cambridge. I decided to prepare dim sums (wantan dumplings which happen to be one of my favourite food!). I believed this is my second time and effort to make such dish.

My three different types of dim sums : fish, chicken and prawn

Mdm Zett's place is not relly that big. And the crowd that came for this gathering was quite huge that most of the spacious in her living room was occupied. As usual, buffet potluck style. Everyone brought food to add to some prepared by our host...


Mdm Zett, me and Ms ZZ in Mdm Zett's cute little kitchen...

Our tasty main dishes :

Nasi tomato with masak merah chicken, nasi himpit with kuah kacang and rendang, lemang and ofcourse my dim sums.... All these delicious food to feed our hungry tummies.....




Mr. Hefni and Ms Kalsum were very happy helping themselves to the food!

Our yummilicious desserts :


Including the famous layer cake...



And also dodol!


And not to forget, Mr T's signature food to bring to any gathering. What else if not prawn crackers and poppadums!!


Everyone looked and felt happy. We chatted with each other and all kind of interesting topics and information started to pour out through our conversation...

We met the newest members in the Cambridge Malaysian postgraduate society, Mdm Mazlin and Mr Halian, wife and husband. They both were very friendly. Welcome to Cambridge guys!

Mdm Mazlin and Mr. Halian

Happy faces throughout the gathering...

As usual, the usual group picture : Ms ZZ, me, Miss J, Mdm Zett and Ms Kalsum

Me and Miss J enjoyed looking at Mdm Zett's wedding albums, and dreamt about our own. Hehe!

Another group picture but without me! Mdm Airina, Ms Fatimah, Miss J, Ms Kalsum, Ms ZZ, Mdm Zett and Mr Hefni. Where was I???

2 comments:

Josh said...

Nak dimsum, Nak dimsum!!!

azlin said...

Hi Josh. Boleh je but kena tunggu I balik Malaysia le. Hehe!