Sunday 5 October 2008

International Night St Ed's

5 October 2008

More freshers joined St Edmund's College. I heard about 180 of them. Wow! That's a large number. I'll see more unfamiliar faces than the faces that I recognise.....


One of the activities, other than parenting exercise, was this International night that I went to. It was held in our Combination Room (CR). Most of the college members turned up and the CR was very crowded. As usual, only few Muslims in the room and only one "ME" with my head scarf in this event...


Ms Chih, me, Guangyuen, Joe

Glad to meet my old friends again. At least these are the faces that I recognise and know quite well. We chatted about all kind of thing and kept each other updated on our current progress. Such a pleasant moment....

Me and Katarzyna from Berlin

Katarzyna and Mr. T

Guang Yuen-our CR vice president!

Four different types of food were served in turn- Mexican, Italian, Chinese and Indian.

Mexican nachos

Italian pizza

Chinese food

Everyone was really looking forward for the free food and attacked the food once it was served!They must be very hungry!!



I barely touched the food as I only had vegetarian option-which was a bit yuck! Luckily I was smart enough to eat first before I came down to CR...

Ms Chih all happy with her chicken pizza

And I only had prawn cracker!

I met students from Thailand (Riam Sara/Saz), Afghanistan (Mohammad), Singapore (Lu Shan, my mentee for the parenting exercise) and a few others.


Mentor-mentee, me and Lu Shan

Mr. T and I stayed for a while and chatted until about 10-30 pm. Then we felt tired and went to our rooms....



Have to get ready for tomorrow.... ZZZzzzz....

No comments: