Sunday 26 October 2008

Final Eid Fitri Gathering

26 October 2008

Uk gained one hour last night. That made it 8 hours different between here and Malaysia.I felt so fresh as I had an hour extra to sleep. Hehe!

But today was not a day to sleep but to cook as I'd to prepare some pecal for today's gathering. I started early around 8 am to cook all the ingredient for pecal. As I'd brought some dried pecal paste from Malaysia, I didn't have to prepare my own peanut sauce.

My not too bad pecal. Even tempeh could be found here with no trouble at all!


Mdm Airina and Mr. Ikhwan house is at Searle Street, Cambridge. They rent a fully furnished one bedroom flat. I went to their house by cycling, together with Mr. T, Mr. Michael and Mr. Chong. We arrived there around 12.30 pm.

Our host prepared some delicious chicken rice (which I felt like having for the past few weeks!), yellow glutinous rice and beef rendang, roti jala and beef curry. So yummy!

Chicken rice set...


Yellow glutinous rice with beef rendang. So tasty!


More food came when more people arrived as it is our culture for everyone to bring something to this kind of gathering. So happening and best!!

Ms ZZ brought baked macaroni

Miss J had improved a lot in cooking. Her bread pudding taste better this time. Good job girl!!



We watched two Malay movie - Zombie Kg Pisang and Evolusi KL Drift. We laughed so much with the first one as the movie was funny. The second one was a bit violence and serious. I noticed that most of us that watch the movies had hidden talent as movie commenters!!

We left Searle Street around 4.45 pm after having our tummy loaded with tasty food. Thank you Mdm Airina and Mr Ikhwan for inviting us. And we were not only talked about today's event but we even discussed about our future Eid Adha gathering in December. So advance laaaa!! Haha!

Me, Mdm Sufee second daughter, Mr. T and Miss J

The majority of us couldn't resist a group photo


Whereas...the rest were soooo deep in friendly conversation!


Makan....and makan..... Nasib baik tak cepat gemuk!


Have to cook more food for tonight gathering in my hall at St Edmunds. Penatnyer....

Slightly after 7 pm, Mr. T and I joined the member of our floor in Norfolk building of St Edmund's for our first gathering. Mr T is quite a cook. He prepared some corn pudding and fish crackers. And me? Just my lazy prawn and mushrooms fried rice. Both the fried rice and fish crackers were gone very fast. Apparently, the people love asian food very much.


This gathering was a nice event as we met and chat to most of the students living on the same floor. And we decided by majority votes to make this as our monthly event!

Most of the students on my floor



No comments: