Wednesday 5 November 2008

Bon Fire and Ladies Nite

5 November 2008


Bonfire Nite

Remembering Guy Fawkes and what he did years ago, we are having bonfire nite every year. Excited about it, just like last year, Mdm Zett, Ms ZZ, Miss J, Mdm Airina, Ms Zee and I met near Subway at Emma Street and walked together to Midsummer Common.

The four ladies (excluding me) were really into this bonfire spirit and enjoyed themselves very2 much. Check them out in their additional cute gears!
Four pink, furry bunnies and me! All happy......Bunny style!


Fireworks started at exactly 7.30 pm. It was nice but not as nice as the year before. We found out that the City Council has less budget this year and had to downscale the amount of fireworks used. And we stood at the very wrong place. We saw more smoke than fireworks and the wind blowing in our direction made it worst!! Hemm......



Thick smoke blocked our sight and caused tears in our eyes...


And the piled wood was only torched after the fireworks ended. Huge flame was started and legal!


After spending almost an hour in Midsummer Common, we walked back to City Center and walked further up to Asia Restaurant at Regents Street. I'd booked a table for 5 at 8.30 pm.


At least the food was good. We ordered different dish.


Starter :

Tom Kha chicken


Tom Yam prawn soup


Seafood soup



Main dish :

Tandoori lamb chops
Masala roast lamb shank
Garlic chilli murgh
Briyani Lamb

Bhoona lamb
Kai Krob


I didn't have to ask for the discount (which I eligibly get) as the staff know me already and gave me the discount straight away! Bestnyerr!

Ms ZZ and Ms Zee

Miss J and Mdm Airina
Me and Mdm Zett
We really enjoyed ourselves tonight, the fireworks (and of course the ladies with their bunny ears!), the food and the companions. Hope we can all do it all over again next year!

3 comments:

Josh said...

Fuyooo.....

Naper tak pakai bunny ears tu kat dalam restaurant?? baru best camtu..

Hm... rindu lah laksa Johor kak Lin....

[danial][ma] said...

hahahaha...kak lin how come eat so banyak one...and some said that guy fawkes can be considered as a terrorist and so funny how come brits celebrate the action of terrorist then...what a double standard...;-)

azlin said...

Hi Josh. I asked them to wear that bunny ears all nite but they were not up to it. If not, the nite will be so 'unforgetable'! Haha. Too bad about missing my laksa Johor. I miss my laksa too. Huk! Huk! Just hope that in January I'll be able to come back.

Hi Danial. I'm trying to store some fat in me. Sooo sejuk la! Hehe! Hemm...so strange with these Brits. Or..they just making an excuse to get high and drunk!