Tuesday 2 December 2008

Eating Fiesta!

2 December 2008

My labmates and I (especially the ladies!) had been planning our lab activity since a few weeks ago and decided to do it today. This was not our first time for such event. We had done it at least once every term. But this time, our eating fiesta involved more people as the number of the lab members had increased to 14!

We discussed about the food and I decided to make some beef dish. Most of us decided to bring something of our specialty ( a famous dish from our respective country!).


We started heating all the food at 12 pm and prepared the table and other thing.

Mdm Silvia and Mdm SA were preparing the table while I was heating the food.


Main Dish :

I've prepared two dish, my Malaysian food : beef rendang and manggo salad.


Mdm SA prepared some fried salmon in her Bangladeshi way. So lovely in taste...


Mdm Silvia made some vegetarian Mexican dish that went well with nachos. And some stir fried mushrooms whch I forgot to take the picture. Sorry...


And Ms Chih made some mixed vegetables in oyster sauce in her Taiwanese style and used gluten instead of real meat in her dish, some fermented bamboo shoot, tofu, Chinese mushrooms, carrot and others. Tasted very different and nice. I loved it especially the tofu.


And Mr. James, our youngest member made some falafel.


Dessert :

Mr. Chris is not only smart, he is a good cook too. He prepared minced pie and was kind enough to made some 'Halal' minced pie for Mdm SA and me. It tasted good...


And Mr. Nick brought some Chelsea buns from Fitzbillies. My favourite. Yummy!!


And some cute marzipan from Fitzbillies brought by Mr. C.


We really enjoyed the event. Everyone looked happy and full. Uncle Philip joined us for only 15 minutes and left as he had a lecture afterward. They all thanked us (Mdm SA, Ms Chin and me) as the main organiser.

Most of the lab members

Mdm SA, me, Abg John and David

No comments: